If I would have known how easy quiche was to make, I would have tried a long time ago! My mom and I got a quiche kick a few years ago and she makes them all the time. I wanted to try one without a crust since I’ve been watching my carbs. Here it is in all its glory:
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 45-50 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Half & Half or Milk
- 1 cup of chopped bell peppers (I like buying the bag of baby bell peppers!)
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- Quiche or pie dish
- Pink Salt
- Black Pepper
- Doc Meyers Hot Pepper Shake
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Garlic clove
- Cheese of your choice! (I used grated Gouda and Sharp Cheddar.)
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add in chopped onions and cook down to a golden brown. Add in salt and pepper.
- Add in chopped peppers and mushrooms and cook down to a simmer with the onions. Add in salt and pepper as you wish.
- Add in the garlic.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs and cream or milk. Add in salt and pepper as you wish. Add in a pinch of Doc Meyers Hot Pepper Shake. It’s hot! Less is more!
- Butter your baking dish.
- Cover the dish with spinach.
- Layer the onion, pepper, and mushroom mix over the spinach.
- Grate some cheese on top of your veggies.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- MORE CHEESE!!! 🙂
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees. Once you notice the edges getting a little crispy, it’s perfect!