Here is my first recipe post! I love Qdoba’s fresh ingredients and flavors, so I decided to try to copy their vegetarian friendly naked burrito. This dish was super quick and easy and I had plenty of leftovers. Here is what you will need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- green onion, about 1/3 chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced (I cut mine into triangles)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of Rotel, mexican lime & cilantro flavor
- half box of brown rice
- 1 small lime
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream (optional)
- cheese (optional)
- Start to boil the water for your rice. Begin chopping the onion, green onion, and zucchini. Sautee over medium heat in a pan with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Begin cooking the rice as directed. Stir the onions and zucchini every now and then until a little browned.
- Drain the corn completely. Drain the black beans, but leave a little bit of the liquid in there. Do the same for the Rotel. (The juices make the rice less dry.)
- Pour the beans, corn, and Rotel into a larger pot and begin heating on stove.
- Once the rice is finished, stir it into the beans mixture. Add in the onions and zucchini. Stir well.
- Chop up a little bit of cilantro and stir into the pot. Squeeze the lime over it all and stir.
- Add cheese and sour cream if you wish!
This is so delicious I promise. All the colors make you feel really healthy. Go light on the sour cream and cheese to keep it that way. This also tastes great in tortillas and with chips! I also suggest squeezing more lime juice on the leftovers after you reheat it.
(all photos by Mollie Rittenhouse)